Are you interested in creating a Transit Riders organization in Ottawa, keen to push for affordable housing near rapid transit, and/or working on mobility justice and transportation equity? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please join us at an important volunteer leadership training on November 3rd and 4th.
RSVP below. Only 10 spots remain for this important volunteer leadership training, so please don't delay, RSVP below.
The volunteer leadership training is happening all day on Saturday Nov. 3rd and Sunday Nov. 4th. The training will run from 9am to 4:30pm on both days, and we will provide lunch. The training takes place at the University of Ottawa, and it will be lead by Olivia Chow from the Institute for Change Leaders (www.changeleaders.ca). We are working to ensure a number of important people are in the room, including you.
People attending the training will learn:
- How to tell your story to motivate volunteers.
- How to design a strategy that leverages power by developing a Theory of Change and choosing high-impact tactics.
- How to plan a potent campaign timeline using newly indigenized curriculum.
- How to canvass and connect with potential supporters.
- How to design volunteer tasks that build leadership over time.
- How to recruit and retain volunteers.
- How to structure volunteer-led teams to grow rapidly.