The Transit Commission is the governing body at City Hall with jurisdiction over Para Transpo and OC Transpo operations. If we want our demands for better Para Transpo, and truly accessible public transit, to be met, this is the place to voice them.
On September 18th, the Transit Commission will meet, and supporters of the #ParaParity campaign will attend.
We are calling on supporters of the #ParaParity campaign to do two things:
- Wear a T-shirt with the #ParaParity message on it.
- Come to the transit commission on Wednesday, September 18th to advocate for online booking. Signs and banners are not permitted in the meeting space, so we will wear our message. RSVP as soon as possible, so that we can organize getting everyone a t-shirt that reads #ParaParity. If you are able, please consider making a donation to help cover the costs of the shirts.
Transit Commission meeting
Wear your #ParaParity t-shirt to the transit commission meeting to show your support for online booking. You can also request an opportunity to speak; you will be given five minutes. Please call or email Christopher Zwierzchowski:
- 613-580-2424 x21359
The #ParaParity campaign demands are:
- That staff present a report about same-day online booking for Para Transpo, including a draft plan for implementation to be ready for the Transit Commission meeting in September 2019;
- That the same-day online booking system be fully functioning and operational for Para Transpo customers no later than end of 2020; and
- That 50% of seats be saved for people using the online booking application and 50% for those who use the phone service, so as to allow for everyone to access these services. This number would be reviewed quarterly and adjusted as needed.