john woodhouse wants to volunteer 2019-08-03 07:50:31 -0400
We are working on a project to improve transportation equity in the Vanier community. We want to make sure that all voices are heard, and support marginalized people to engage with decision makers. To achieve this, we are building teams in target neighbourhoods to strategize and engage with political actors and city staff, in order to achieve better, more equitable, transit outcomes.
How would you fit in?
As a volunteer, you can help us reach out to people in low-income neighbourhoods in Ottawa, especially people who are living on low incomes, newcomers to Canada, and people living with disabilities. Help us build meaningful relationships and act in solidarity. Help us to support marginalized people as they learn the power of their stories, and as we carve out spaces for equity and inclusion in municipal politics together!
Activities you can participate in:
- Door to door and phone outreach in target neighbourhoods
- Maintaining relationships, providing support for team members
- Planning and logistics for meetings, rallies, other events
Benefits to you:
- Getting involved with an enthusiastic (and friendly) team of activists
- Learning about grassroots organizing, strategizing to affect positive change
- Gain experience and confidence in community outreach, project organizing, and logistics
Please specify below what dates, times, and how often you are available to volunteer.Become a volunteer
john woodhouse wants to volunteer 2018-05-24 15:49:59 -0400
john woodhouse answered 2017-04-09 09:24:43 -0400Q: Would you consider joining the Healthy Transportation Coalition as a member?
A: I am a member