You're invited to a workshop to help
BUILD A CITY-WIDE TRANSIT RIDERS ORGANIZATION
- Learn How TTC Riders of Toronto Works
- Breakout Groups to Discuss Goals, Membership, Decision-Making
- Final Plenary on ‘Next Steps’
The Workshop is free but please RSVP below for planning purposes.
Organized By: Free Transit Ottawa, Healthy Transportation Coalition, OPIRG-GRIPO (uOttawa), & Ottawa Transit Riders
Sponsors: ATU Local 279, Bayshore Community Association, Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women, Ecology Ottawa, Ottawa ACORN, Ottawa Disability Coalition, Vanier Community AssociationWHENJanuary 26, 2019 at 1pmWHEREroom C010, Learning Crossroads (CRX) building, University of Ottawa
Ottawa, ON K1N9N3
Google map and directions
GOAL: 75 signatures
Petition for Restoring OC Transpo Route 12
To: Ottawa City Council, 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON, K1P 1J1
I/We the undersigned, petition Ottawa City Council to require that OC Transpo:
- Restore the #12 route to its original end location of Bank Street at Slater Street OR extend the route to Lyon Station thereby providing access to Bank Street and the Parliament Hill area, Light Rail Transit at Lyon Station, and new access to Outaouais transit at Lyon Station.
- Commit to conducting meaningful consultations with any neighbourhood (through community groups, local councillors, business improvement associations, any current or future transit riders’ group, and other interested parties) before making any changes to existing bus service.
- Enact an immediate freeze on transit fares in Ottawa at existing rates with a commitment to reducing them.
By signing this petition, I hereby acknowledge that this petition will become a public document at the City of Ottawa and that all information contained in it will be subject to the scrutiny of the City, and will be publicly available. Questions about the collection and disclosure of personal information contained in this petition should be directed to the City Clerk, 110 Laurier Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 1J1. The City Clerk will not provide anyone with your phone number, nor e-mail address.
The Vanier Transit Riders' Group's campaign for Restoring OC Transpo Route 12 has been endorsed by the Healthy Transportation Coalition and the Campaign for Free and Affordable Transit.