Are there social issues that you're passionate about? Do you want to get more involved, and organize for change? Do you want to build your capacity to push for change, and learn to recruit and organize a team?
Come join us on July 20th and 21st for two days of leadership training! The training will run from 9:30am to 4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday. We will provide light snacks in the morning, and lunches both days.
At this free event, you'll learn strategies to win campaigns, and have opportunities to get involved with the Healthy Transportation Coalition's many ongoing activities!WHENJuly 20, 2019 at 9:30am - July 21, 2019 at 9:30pmWHEREUniversity of Ottawa, Faculty of Social Sciences Building
120 University Private
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
Google map and directions
GOAL: 91 signatures
Petition for Restoring OC Transpo Route 12
To: Ottawa City Council, 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON, K1P 1J1
I/We the undersigned, petition Ottawa City Council to require that OC Transpo:
- Restore the #12 route to its original end location of Bank Street at Slater Street OR extend the route to Lyon Station thereby providing access to Bank Street and the Parliament Hill area, Light Rail Transit at Lyon Station, and new access to Outaouais transit at Lyon Station.
- Commit to conducting meaningful consultations with any neighbourhood (through community groups, local councillors, business improvement associations, any current or future transit riders’ group, and other interested parties) before making any changes to existing bus service.
- Enact an immediate freeze on transit fares in Ottawa at existing rates with a commitment to reducing them.
By signing this petition, I hereby acknowledge that this petition will become a public document at the City of Ottawa and that all information contained in it will be subject to the scrutiny of the City, and will be publicly available. Questions about the collection and disclosure of personal information contained in this petition should be directed to the City Clerk, 110 Laurier Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 1J1. The City Clerk will not provide anyone with your phone number, nor e-mail address.
The Vanier Transit Riders' Group's campaign for Restoring OC Transpo Route 12 has been endorsed by the Healthy Transportation Coalition and the Campaign for Free and Affordable Transit.
This is a joint petition between Ecology Ottawa, the Healthy Transportation Coalition, and the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa.
OC Transpo’s bus fleet is responsible for about 45% of the City of Ottawa’s corporate emissions with about 125,000 tonnes of CO2 emitted every year. A policy change can reduce this by 95% over 15 years. Electric buses reduce GHG emissions, improve air quality and reduce noise. Light Rail Transit (LRT) will reduce the intensity of transit emissions in Ottawa, but LRT success will lead to overall growth in bus transit in Ottawa as feeder bus routes grow to match the capacity of the LRT. Electric buses are much cheaper to operate, fuel and maintenance costs are much lower so more transit can be provided for the same operational budget.GOAL: 2,230 signatures
I/We the undersigned, petition Ottawa City Council to match the commitments already made by Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Laval, and Edmonton.
In the 2019-2022 Term-of-Council Priorities commit to a planning process to electrify the bus fleet, with a clear commitment to the following targets:
- Run an electric bus pilot in 2020;
- Introduce electric buses on regular service by 2021;
- Purchase only electric buses starting in 2024; and
- A 100% electric bus fleet by 2035.