DATA ENTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- Electric Bus Campaign
The Healthy Transportation Coalition has partnered up with the Electric Vehicle Council of Ontario and Ecology Ottawa in an effort to bring electric buses to Ottawa. The Ebus campaign aims to Run an electric bus pilot in 2020, introduce electric buses on regular service by 2021, see the city exclusively purchasing electric buses by 2024, and achieve a 100% electric bus fleet by 2035.
Our initiative starts with getting 10,000 signatures to bring the fight to City Council.
We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic about fighting climate change, interested in alternative forms of transportation, and eager to improve public transportation. You can help us build support for the project by reaching out to members of the community.
As part of a campaign to transition to an all electric bus fleet looking for volunteers to assist in data entry and phone call outreach!
In this position you will:
- Keep track of received data and documents
- Reach out to people who have signed the petition and encourage them to take more action
- Input collected data into Microsoft Excel
- Maintain confidentiality of all data entered
The ideal candidate is:
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Focused and detail oriented
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Outgoing and comfortable speaking on the phone
Good for people interested in:
- Urban studies, grassroots movements, city politics, community organizing, anti-poverty, accessible and affordable public transportation
Interested? Contact Erin or Emma with your availability!
Please specify what dates, times, and how often you are available to volunteer.