Attend the Annual General Meeting of the Healthy Transportation Coalition and find out the winner of this year's MiniGrant!
Draft Agenda is as follows:
- Quarterly Financial Update
- Election of Board Members
- Campaign Updates
- Electric Buses
- Affordable Housing Near Rapid Transit
- Cycling Infrastructure Improvements
- Keeping Transit Affordable
- Advancing Equity in the Official Plan and Transportation Master Plan
- Update on Last Year's MiniGrant Winner
- Announcing This Year's MiniGrant Winner
- Adjourn to a nearby pub (TBA) for socializing!
Want something added to the agenda? Email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.orgWHENMay 02, 2019 at 5:30pmWHEREUniversity of Ottawa, Learning Crossroads (CRX) Building, Room C307
100 Louis-Pasteur Private
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
Google map and directions
Petition for Affordable Housing Near Rapid Transit
To: Ottawa City Council, 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON, K1P 1J1
More than 40,000 families in Ottawa do not have housing they can afford. National trends indicate that housing costs increase near rapid transit hubs. The City’s plan to expand the Light Rail Transit system causes concern for an increase in housing costs where modest income populations are at a disadvantage. Affordable, inclusive, and equitable Transit-Oriented Development is needed to foster safe and healthy communities, people, and a strong economy.GOAL: 214 signatures
I/We the undersigned, petition Ottawa City Council to:
1) Pass a strong citywide inclusionary zoning by-law that ensures 25% of new development is dedicated to affordable housing and places a special emphasis on deeply affordable housing within 1 km of rapid transit stations;
2) Ensure that all available government-owned land within 1 km of current & future rapid transit stations is used for non-profit and co-op housing;
3) Create a 2019-2022 Term of Council Priority that integrates transit and planning, with clear, affordable housing targets; and
4) Commit at least $12 million/year of City funding, over and above federal and provincial grants, to build new affordable housing
By signing this petition, I hereby acknowledge that this petition will become a public document at the City of Ottawa and that all information contained in it will be subject to the scrutiny of the City, and will be publicly available. Questions about the collection and disclosure of personal information contained in this petition should be directed to the City Clerk, 110 Laurier Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 1J1.
The campaign for Affordable Housing Near Rapid Transit has been endorsed by the following organizations:
City for All Women Initiative, Coalition of Community Health & Resource Centres of Ottawa, Healthy Transportation Coalition, Making Voices Count, Ottawa ACORN.