DATA ENTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- Campaign for Affordable Housing
As part of a campaign to secure affordable housing near the rapid transit stations in Ottawa, The Healthy Transportation Coalition is looking for volunteers to assist in data entry/management!
- More than 10 000 families in Ottawa do not have access to affordable housing. National trends indicate that housing costs increase near rapid transit hubs; the City’s plan to expand the Light Rail Transit system causes concern for an increase in housing costs where priority populations are at a disadvantage. Affordable, inclusive, and equitable transit-oriented development is needed to foster safe and healthy communities, people, and a strong economy
- We need Ottawa City Council to act now to ensure it is not just the very wealthy who can afford to live near rapid transit in Ottawa. Thus far, 1,500 people have signed a related petition, and 300 people have e-mailed the Mayor. In the lead up to Budget 2019, we are gathering more petition signatures, encouraging people to e-mail the Mayor, and asking people to attend budget consultation events.
In this position you will:
- Keep track of received data and documents
- Input collected data into Microsoft Excel
- Maintain confidentiality of all data entered
The ideal candidate is:
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Focused and detail oriented
- Works well independently and as part of a team
Good for people interested in:
- Urban studies, grassroots movements, city politics, community organizing, anti-poverty, accessible and affordable public transportation
How does this benefit you?
- You can gain an understanding of city politics, event logistics, and how to work with residents and city-decision makers on meaningful issues
- You can gain experience in data entry and management, and have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team of activists
It is hoped that volunteers would be available to dedicate as little as 3, or up to 30 hours a week, on helping us accomplish these tasks. Please indicate your weekly availability when applying.
Please fill out the information below or contact us to share your availability (dates and hours): Erin Andrews or Emma Coulter